Treasurer's Responsibilities include these duties:
- Issue vehicle titles, registrations and collect vehicle fees.
- Issue and renew driver’s licenses for the Iowa Department of Transportation.
- Administer written and driving tests, including commercial testing, and Department of Transportation re-examinations as needed.
- Collect property taxes, mobile home tax, special assessments and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Respond to tax inquiries from property owners, financial institutions, real estate agents, abstractors and appraisers.
- Administer the Iowa Property Tax Credit Program and conduct tax sales for the collection of delinquent taxes.
- Receipt and record all funds collected by county departments.
- Administer financial services for banking, cash management and investments.
- Distribute collected funds to schools, cities and other taxing agencies.
For more details https://www.iowatreasurers.org/treshome.php?idCounty=37